internet marketing The Big Sis Diaries: Three Days!!!!!!!!

Sunday, June 17, 2007

Three Days!!!!!!!!

I can't believe how soon it is! Our house has been busy, busy, busy, and yet we always find much more to do. School finished up for me on Friday, so fortunately, finals are out of the way. But there's still packing and all kinds of preparing- I spent a good chunk of today cleaning the baby/toddler toys we had in the attic (we had TONS accumulated from my, K's, and C's babyhoods- this kid is going to be so spoiled :-)) These next two days are going to be jam-packed of things to do here and there- but come Wednesday, our big adventure begins!!!!

Here is the itinerary of our trip, so if/when you think of us, you know where we are! :-)

Wednesday, 6/20-We leave the house early in the morning for our 11:30am flight out of New York to Dubai

Thursday, 6/21- Arrive early morning, Dubai time. Go to our hotel and relax; go to the beach, re-pack, and take it easy

Friday, 6/22- Spend the day in Dubai

Saturday, 6/23- On another morning flight, fly to Addis Ababa (arrive approx. 11:30am.) Go to the care center and meet Sasha Eraye for the first time!!!!

Sunday, 6/24- My dad goes on the trip south to meet the birth family, while the rest of us remain behind and play with Sasha and the other kids at the care center

Monday, 6/25- I think we have free time on this day; we'll tour the city and go to some museums, and of course, visit the baby. If all goes well, we may take custody of her on this day!

Tuesday, 6/26- Go to the Embassy; I'm not really sure what happens after this, but I THINK the dinner ceremony at the Crown Hotel is in the evening

Wednesday and Thursday, 6/27 and 6/28- More sight-seeing and hanging around the Hilton. We'll definetely have full custody of Sasha at this point!

Friday, 6/29- Our last full day; attend going-away coffee ceremony at the care center

Saturday, 6/30- Leave Addis in the evening for Dubai

Sunday, 7/1- Arrive in Dubai very early in the morning (12:45am). Go to our hotel and sleep before spending the rest of the day taking it easy, going to the beach, and spending time with SE

Monday, 7/2- Spend the entire day in Dubai

Tuesday, 7/3- Leave Dubai on another early morning flight; arrive home with Sasha Eraye some time in the afternoon U.S. time! (Though of course it will feel like night time to us and we'll all be exhausted!)

I'm sooooo excited for this trip and I'm even more excited to spend the rest of my life with our amazing little girl!!!!

7 Comments:

At 8:52 PM , Blogger Nikki said...

OOO I can't wait until you come home so I can hear all about it!!! You won't be able to update your blog during the trip, will you? I suppose even if you could you are going to be busy, busy, busy with SE. Are you making a trip to AHOPE sometime during the week?? Very excited to hear all about it :)
-Nikki

 
At 9:33 PM , Blogger Nikki said...

Welcome home present for Sasha...

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i318/ncochrane3/My%20Signatures/SashaEraye.gif

-Nikki :)

 
At 10:19 PM , Blogger Lauren said...

Can't wait to see the pictures when you return home!!!! She is going to be soooooo blessed to have a family like you! I bet it will be cool for your dad to meet the birth parents. Have fun!!!

 
At 12:23 AM , Blogger Ally, big sister to Lillyana said...

AWESOME! I can't wait to see her with you all!

 
At 11:25 AM , Blogger Heather said...

How wonderful! I can't wait to hear about your trip. Enjoy every moment of it! Are you staying at the guest house or a hotel? Either way I have wonderful memories of picking up Jacob. Have fun!

 
At 4:54 PM , Blogger Jie Jie to Sarah Lu and Chayah Ru said...

You are going to have Sasha SO SOON!!!! Yay!!!
I made 'Sarah's Story' movie through Windows Movie Maker. It took a bit of work, but it was so much fun to do. If you'd like help making one for Sasha Eraye, I'd be happy to make one!! Just let me know :)
~Staci

 
At 10:47 PM , Blogger Holly said...

Oh I am so excited for you guys. You are going to have an amazing trip to your journey to get your newest addition. I know she is such a blessing to your family and she is so blessed to have you guys. I will be keeping you and your family in my prayers as you embark on this amazing adventure!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Make an on-line slide show at www.OneTrueMedia.com

Make video montages at www.OneTrueMedia.com