internet marketing The Big Sis Diaries: Pulling My Hair Out

Friday, May 11, 2007

Pulling My Hair Out

I'm telling you, this adoption journey has been the most turbulent one. It won't stop throwing curveballs at us!!!!

If anyone has been counting the weeks from when we got our second referral (not including the one we turned down, which we had received about six weeks prior to the one we accepted) we have been waiting for a travel date for seven weeks. Families generally travel about nine weeks after referral acceptance. But that isn't our concern. FIVE families, all with referrals received two weeks after ours, got travel dates today for the week of June 8th- but we heard nothing. I'm thrilled for them, of course- but I admit I'm filled with many other, stronger emotions! I'm upset and very frustrated that, after all this, we don't have a travel date, and I'm also very concerned that our case isn't getting through court. If that is the case, I don't know when we'll travel.

Maybe I'm over-reacting and acting very selfish. It's just that the "not knowing" is driving me insane, especially since we have to make plans, etc. Most importantly though, I just want our baby girl home!!!!

There is a bit of good news, though: we received an update yesterday that LG grew another centimeter and gained another pound. That puts her right in the 10th percentile for both height and weight. She's healthy and doing great. I couldn't be more pleased about her condition! I'm just getting really antsy to meet her...

*I just want to add: Carsten overheard my mom and I talking and expressed his incredulity at the situation by pronouncing, "This is so not fair!!!!" The fact that he knows so much is kind of funny- travel date, referral, and even names of people from the forum are part of his vocabulary. My mom and I must talk about it too much- not many 7-year-olds know anything about adoption!

9 Comments:

At 7:00 PM , Blogger Mark and Sarah said...

Susanna,

This is horrible. I'm so sorry that you're so in the dark at such a critical time. I was totally surprised to see all the travel dates for those who got their referrals in April today...good news for them, but I'm so sorry you guys weren't one of them. Hopefully next week will come soon and you'll get your date!

 
At 7:32 PM , Blogger Susy Q said...

Thank you for that. I really appreciate the support, and I already feel a little better. I hope I didn't sound horribly selfish- it's just frustrating. Thanks again for the optimisn- I hope we hear something next week too!

 
At 7:46 AM , Blogger Heather said...

My son's case was delayed in the courts. Apparently the judges decide cases randomly. I hope you hear something soon. Hang in there. Things will happen really fast once that travel date comes.

 
At 12:17 PM , Blogger Nikki said...

You don't sound selfish at all... I can't imagine how frusterating the situation would be. ((hugs)) and good luck!

 
At 6:18 PM , Blogger God's Beautiful Chaos said...

How wonderful to see a sibling as frustrated with the process as parents! You are an awesome big sis. I will add you to my prayer list for a court date!

 
At 9:43 PM , Blogger Mary, Jason, & Maya said...

I know how horrible it can be to have to wait. I am sorry things are so slow. It is good to here that your sister is growing so nicely. She sounds healthy and ready to meet her family. I can't wait to see you with her.

 
At 3:58 PM , Blogger Nikki said...

Thanks for the comment, my vacation was fabulous! Went dolphin watching, parasailing (so fun!) and a TON of swimming/relaxing/reading/writing. A few days it was too smokey to go outside... something about forest fires in Georgia (?) but it was overall a great vacation, thanks for asking!

 
At 5:15 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You don't sound selfish just excited. Any one would be just as concerned knowing others have their travel date who received their referral after you. Prayers for the travel date.
Nemo & Nema's mom

 
At 12:39 PM , Blogger Brooke said...

confession: from an "early" traveler. this has to be so frustrating for you guys. we have been right on the same track with you and i was expecting to travel at the same time, certainly not sooner! i am sorry that it won't happen. this process is out of our control. hoping for a really quick date for your family.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Make an on-line slide show at www.OneTrueMedia.com

Make video montages at www.OneTrueMedia.com