internet marketing The Big Sis Diaries: She has hair!!!! (And other musings)

Sunday, June 10, 2007

She has hair!!!! (And other musings)

Yesterday we received SE (not LG anymore!)'s birth certificate. Her pretty little face is now crowned with a mop of curly hair! As adorable as she was in her referral pictures, she looks more femininely cute in this new picture. I want to post it so badly, but I don't know how to post the picture without posting the whole birth certificate. (Anyone know how to do this????)

I cannot believe we leave in 10 days. It's completely surreal. I'm superexcited, of course, but also overwhelmed by the things I have to do (if I didn't have finals to worry about, it would be so much better! The studying is going pretty well though.) Since I got a video camera for my birthday, I want to document this trip as closely as I can, but I want to do an at-home segment before we leave (to show life before/after Sasha) and I also want to start a journal made as a compilation of letters addressed to SE, which I hope to publish someday. The problem is, I think, that I get too ahead of myself- I started thinking last night about what would happen if publishers rejected my work, which is ridiculous since I haven't even started it yet!

In addition to these emotions, I have a bit of underlying nervousness. A friend asked me yesterday if I was nervous, and when I asked her what she meant, she said, "Well, I mean, this person is a complete stranger to you..." and without her finishing her sentence, I knew what she meant. I'm not afraid that she won't like us- I know she will, however long it takes her to adjust. But it's true. Here we are, making this child a part of our family, and we know next to nothing about her. Sure, we know her history, but we don't know the things family members typically know about each other- what she likes and doesn't like; what her fears are; how she would react if I did or said this to her... It's a very weird feeling.

More than anything, though, I'm looking forward to seeing who she is as a person and the kind of person she's going to become.

It really will be an adventure of a lifetime.

12 Comments:

At 12:00 PM , Blogger Nikki said...

I am so excited for you, and that is great that you will be documenting it! As for the birth cert. picture, just scan the entire thing and crop out the rest of the info. It is pretty easy to do- I hope you figure it out so I can see!

 
At 1:02 PM , Blogger Jie Jie to Sarah Lu and Chayah Ru said...

Exciting!! 10 days is coming up SO SOON!! I too hope you can get the picture up! I SO want to see her with hair! I bet she is just the prettiest little girl!! How old is she? Will you be posting while you're in Ethiopia? I cannot wait to follow the rest of your journey to Sasha Eraye!! Oh, and I LOVE her name! Is Eraye her Ethiopian name? I am SOOOO excited for you! :)
~Staci

 
At 1:44 PM , Blogger Lexie said...

Hey!
I have been doing a journal to my lil sister to-be, in there i just write my feelings about the adoption and personal letters to her!
Thats exciting that you are going to do that! She will forever cherish that!
I hope that you can get the pictures up! I bet she has beautiful hair!
Love,
lexie

 
At 4:52 PM , Blogger Ally, big sister to Lillyana said...

Hi! I have a new blog about my adopted little sister as well. I found your blog while I was browsing! Your new little sister is sooo cute! What a blessing! Stop by my blog anytime!

 
At 5:33 PM , Blogger Holly said...

Oh I cannot wait to see the picture!!! Hope you can figure out how to put it on the blog.

 
At 5:54 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Use your digital camera to take a picture of just her picture on the birth certificate then upload it onto your computer. Good luck with finals and your trip.

 
At 7:58 PM , Blogger Gracie said...

that is so great. Your new "adition" will be adorable!

 
At 4:53 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Hey...
all your worries will go away the minute she is given to your family. I worried the same things, and all the worries instantly went away.

The only adivce I have for posting the picture is to turn off the flash on your camera and take a picture of the picture. Works like a charm!

Also, in response to the comment you left me, AnnaClaire is 19 months old... dob 10/27/05. So she's just a little older than Sasha!! (and I see you found all the other big sister bloggers, since I've seen you leave comments on them, and they've commented on yours... I have a list on my blog)

Best of luck and I can't wait to follow your journey!! I guess 8 days now!!

 
At 5:35 PM , Blogger Ally, big sister to Lillyana said...

aww i bet her curls are adorable! can't wait to see her new pictures!

 
At 8:45 PM , Blogger Nikki said...

Hey Susy! She actually lives with both her parents in a village, although I wasn't given the information of which village it is. That would have been cool if you could have seen her, had she been at AHOPE though, too bad :( (well, not too bad that she isn't in an orphanage, but too bad that you won't see her!) I am so excited to hear all about your trip- I can't imagine how excited you must be!
-Nikki

 
At 9:54 PM , Blogger Lauren said...

There is nothing to fear. I know that she will be just fine with your family. She is sooooooooooooo cute! Check out my blog!

 
At 12:22 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

When you're scanning in the birth certificate, at some point before you accept the picture, you should be able to drag the boundaries of the big picture down so it is just around the photo. I'm so excited for you!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Make an on-line slide show at www.OneTrueMedia.com

Make video montages at www.OneTrueMedia.com