internet marketing The Big Sis Diaries: More Delays

Monday, May 21, 2007

More Delays

We've heard so much different information today from the forum about cases getting through court, and what SWs have said about that, etc. Really the only conclusion I can draw is that many, many court cases are getting delayed for a reason no one can fully understand. Our SW was not too helpful in clarifying, but we gathered that we won't be able to travel at least until the end of June, early July- but at this rate we easily could travel well into July. This is absolutely ridiculous- it's making me insane. Forgive me for ranting, but I've tried to be positive, and throughout this whole adoption process, we've had absolutely nothing but bad luck. It's a good thing my family doesn't believe in "signs"- we would have given up a loooooong time ago. I would say that the only consolation we have is that we at least know the child we're getting and therefore we know we'll adopt eventually, but that makes me feel even more frantic to get over there and get her!! It's easy to feel selfish right now, and trust me, I have been thinking a lot about myself- but what makes me truly crazy is thinking that every day, LG gets one day older and spends one day longer away from home. A friend, who really doesn't know much about the adoption process, tried to comfort me by exclaiming, "You have a wonderful, loving family and your parents are doing all the right things. Why can't they just let you bring her home????" I wanted to hug her, but more than that, I so wanted to believe her. WHY can't it be that easy????

7 Comments:

At 9:42 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ugh! I am so, so sorry to hear about this. I know how agonizing the endless waiting can be. It's brutal!
Thinking of all of you and hoping you get some good news SOON!

 
At 6:26 AM , Blogger Our Ethiopian Adoption said...

O booger!!!! Sounds like you're experiecing adopiton labor pains with your parents. I pray you get your travel date soon.
Nemo & Nema's mom

 
At 4:05 PM , Blogger 5KidMom said...

Waiting is hard enough without unexplained delays! I hope and pray that you will here some good news very soon.

 
At 8:36 PM , Blogger Heather said...

Hang in there. My son's case was also delayed for a few weeks but did eventually make it through. It is worth the wait. You will be travelling before you know it.

Heather
heathersgrowingfamily.blogspot.com

 
At 9:29 PM , Blogger Nikki said...

((hugs)) Here's to hoping that the time flies and you are with your sister soon...

 
At 4:46 PM , Blogger Nikki said...

Thanks for the compliment on my story :) I would LOVE to publish it... but obviously it would take a ton of work and editing. Hopefully one day though...

-Nikki

 
At 11:11 AM , Blogger Mama Papaya said...

More delays?!? How awful. Hang in there Susy. May good news find you very soon!

Carrie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Make an on-line slide show at www.OneTrueMedia.com

Make video montages at www.OneTrueMedia.com