internet marketing The Big Sis Diaries: And We're OFF!

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

And We're OFF!


Well, almost...in about 17.5 hours, that is!!!!


Our bags are (almsot) packed and everything is (almost) in order. Okay, there's still a lot to do, but that's why everyone has been assigned jobs to complete before tomorrow. I single-handedly cleaned ALL of the old toys with baby wipes and set up a little playroom in the room off of my parents' bedroom, and got her own room in order (I'm kind of proud of myself!) I now have a few odds and ends here and there to do, and once my brothers come back from the neighbors' house, I'll start videotaping the home portion of our adoption adventure- I'll interview the boys on what they think of our trip/the adoption, and include shots of her nursery and playroom. As long as everything goes smoothly and I figure out how to do it, I'll try to post it, or at least parts of it, here when we get back. I also hope to set up a picture montage and recount exactly how the trip was day by day!


I hope that I can post from ET and Dubai, but I'm not making any promises since I don't know if I'll have the time or resources. I definetely won't be able to post pictures, but maybe I can post a few brief updates on how everything is going.


The day I've been waiting for for two years is finally right around the corner- it seemed like it would never happen!! It's amazing to think about how my dreams are about to come true- I've wanted a sister ever since Kristian was born (believe it or not, I actually did want him to be a boy!) Thank you so much for letting me share my emotions and experiences so far on this journey...I can't WAIT to share the rest of it!

15 Comments:

At 1:49 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your baby sister is adorable -- have a wonderful (and safe) trip!!

 
At 2:57 PM , Blogger Nikki said...

Have a great trip Susy- I'm sure it will be an experience of a lifetime. I can't wait to hear all about it (and I'm crossing my fingers that you have internet access at some point to post a quick update!)
-Nikki
http://destastory.blogspot.com/

 
At 3:00 PM , Blogger Jie Jie to Sarah Lu and Chayah Ru said...

YAY! You're going to have her SOON!!! I can't WAIT to follow the rest of your journey to Sasha and then follow along on your journey with Sasha once she comes home!! :)
~Staci

 
At 5:08 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a happy and safe trip. How long is the plane ride. My husband and I are not looking forward to that. As he says "we only have to do it once."
T & K's mom

 
At 6:52 PM , Blogger Lexie said...

Hey!
OMG! i am soooooo excited for you!!! this must be sooo amazing!! Oh gosh....i can't even imagine! I can't wait till my time comes, when i get my sister!
Your sister is ADORABLE! With a capital A!
I can't WAIT to see pictures!
Have FUN!!!! I will be praying!!!!!!
~Lexie

 
At 9:19 AM , Blogger Lexie said...

Ahhh!!! Your leaving today!!! if not RIGHT NOW!!! I am praying for you!!!
Lexie

 
At 10:04 AM , Blogger Ally, big sister to Lillyana said...

ahh! I am sooooo excited, its going to be amazing!

 
At 3:21 PM , Blogger jayme said...

Have a safe and fantastic trip! I can't wait to hear all about it and see pictures of your whole family together!

 
At 3:56 PM , Blogger Mark and Sarah said...

Hooray! So glad you're off! We'll be staying at the Hilton on Thursday night, the 28th, so we'll look you up on Friday morning and hopefully we can meet! I need to find your last name in an old email or PM so I can actually look you up. Hopefully I find you :-) Safe travels!

 
At 5:37 PM , Blogger Erin said...

Hi,
My name is Erin, and I'm also 15 (turning 16 in August! :D), and a high school student. I live in BC, and I've really enjoyed reading your blog. I just thought I should let you know, because I also have a very international family. My dad, me, and my two biological siblings were born in Canada, my mom was born in England, and my two littlest siblings were born in.. Ethiopia! Yup, I have a little brother (Moses- 1yr.) and a little sister (Ayana- 2 1/2 yr.) from Ethiopia! We started the process in 2004, and brought them home last August. I just thought I'd let you know how much I've enjoyed your blog (I found it today, and I'm almost done reading all of it, right from the beginning!), and that I'm also a big sister to both biological, and adopted siblings. I have a blog too, although I only started it the month before we left for Ethiopia, so there's not much about the actual adoption (referral, waiting, homestudy etc), but feel free to read it if you want to. Your little sister is SO adorable, and I bet you're so excited to finally meet her! So, good luck in your journey (ours was good, but the flight was looooooong!), and I can't wait to hear about your trip!
~Erin~
http://erins-ethiopia-trip.blogspot.com

 
At 10:21 PM , Blogger Holly said...

Oh I am so thrilled for you guys. I know you must be so excited.

 
At 3:39 AM , Blogger 5KidMom said...

I'm so glad you're finally traveling! I totally look forward to reading, and seeing the photos, of the rest of the story. 8^) You're sister is such a cutie patootie. I can't wait to see pictures of the two of you together.

 
At 11:48 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sure your time in Ethiopia is magical...can't wait to hear about it!

Safe travels!

 
At 11:34 PM , Blogger KelseyChristine said...

Oh my gosh!!!!!!!! I have been out of town for awhile and didn't have internet access for a few weeks before that, so I have missed A LOT! Firt of all your sister is stunningly beautiful! I bet you can't stop looking at the pictures--ha actually I bet you can since you are seeing her in person now! YAY YAY YAY! I can't wait to hear from you! I'll be praying for you :)

p.s. thanks for the tape--I just got back from Mexico, but I am going to watch it ASAP

 
At 2:27 PM , Blogger SARA said...

Hope you are doing great! Can't wait to see pics!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Make an on-line slide show at www.OneTrueMedia.com

Make video montages at www.OneTrueMedia.com