internet marketing The Big Sis Diaries: 100 Things About Me part 1

Saturday, October 07, 2006

100 Things About Me part 1

I've noticed on other blogs that at the 100th post, the blogger makes a list of 100 things about his/herself. Since I can't wait until I reach 100, I've decided to break my list up into two sections of 50- the first 50 at my 50th post and the second 50 at my 100th post. Well, since this is my fiftieth post, here are 50 things about me!

1. I've been to 25 different countries
2. This includes two African countries- Kenya and Morocco
3. I took ballet for seven years
4. I'm very petite- 4'11'' if I stand up really straight
5. Because of this I'm very often mistaken for being younger than I am (I admit it's slightly irritating now but I know I'll be happy about this when I am an adult!)
6. I hope to become tri-lingual or quad-lingual (I know that's not a word.) I have a good start though- I speak English and Norwegian fluently and I've taken four years of French at school
7. I like Eminem's music (people who don't know me very well would be surprised by this!)
8. Eight is my lucky number because I was born on the eighth day of the eighth month, and the difference between the digits of the year I was born is eight (8/8/91)
9. My guilty pleasure is watching reality shows (i.e., America's Next Top Model) especially, though I hate to admit this, shows about celebrities/ridiculously rich people (My Super Sweet 16)
10. Sometimes I just want to hit the girls on My Super Sweet 16 for being spoiled, bratty, and inconsiderate, but more than that I want to hit the parents for letting them get away with, if not promoting it. Most of all, though, I just want to be invited to those parties!
11. My dream college is Wellesley- I really want to go there!
12. I love musicals but refuse to try out for them at school because I don't want to sing for the audtion
13. I loooove horror movies (notice what number this list item is- I thought it was kind of cute :-))
14. I don't like pasta
15. I aspire to be a teacher when I grow up, either elementary or high school English
16. I plan to teach, also, in Africa through the Peace Corps after I graduate college
17. I witnessed a bird drop a half-eaten piece of pizza on my dad's head when he was lying on a beach in Mexico
18. I love the Andy Milonakis show. Don't know what that is? Click here for a sample: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfHaEnDkbBg (I have to warn you though, it's very weird if you're not used to it- but once you are it can be very funny)
19. I don't like most dogs- in fact I'm mildly afraid of them (sorry dog lovers)
20. My favorite holiday other than Christmas is Halloween
21. I hardly ever get sick
22. On my family's trip to Sicily when I was six, I had margherita pizza for lunch and dinner every day (we were there for a week)
23. On the same trip I had to ask a waiter for water in Italian because Kristian, who was a baby, was fussing. My dad told me what to say and I went up to the waiter and asked him. He understood and brought us the water- I was so proud of myself!
24. I know how to say "I've been robbed" in Swahili- Nimaibiwa! (Yes, it's only one word- what does that tell you about pick-pocketing frequency in Kenya?)
25. Speaking of robbery, my mother's purse was stolen in Prague from our hotel room- while we were in it! (Long story)
26. I've moved five times in my fifteen years of life
27. I'm naturally blonde but I highlight my hair with a highlighting a kit (I have to admit, it turns out surprisingly well!)
28. Pink is my favorite color
29. I had two concussions in three years
30. I get migraines often (we don't know whether or not there's a connection)
31. I was Little Miss Muffett in my third grade Bug Play
32. I'm the only person in my family that hasn't gotten stung by a bee
33. I can't snap my fingers
34. I went to Catholic school in Kindergarten and 1st grade
35. I'm only "half Catholic" though, if you base my religion on my parents'; my mom is Catholic and my dad is Lutheran
36. I, along with my brothers, named our cat Coco because she is black, white, and orange and therefore reminds us of hot cocoa; we named our other cat Fifi because- well, we just liked that name!
37. My favorite ice cream flavor is cookie dough-I have it every time I go out for ice cream
38. I once got an earache on a Carribean cruise
39. My favorite clothing stores are Gap and American Eagle
40. I love the smell of gasoline
41. One TV show I'll actually admit to watching is Grey's Anatomy
42. My current favorite word is "copacetic."
43. I once saw a boy from my sixth grade class at the Grand Canyon (this was when we were living in Massachusetts)
44. I went on a school trip to Washington, D.C. in eigth grade and had the time of my life!
45. I think chocolate and peanut butter are the best two flavor combinations ever
46. I almost saw Cameron Diaz in an airport in Miami once (my mom saw her- I was going to but when I got there she was gone. I was only eight though, so I didn't know who she was!)
47. My pet peeve is when people ask "How are you?"out of courtesy and hurry away before bothering to wait for the reply
48. I've never been to sleep-away camp and I don't plan to. I don't like to be away from my family for more than a week at a time (I know it will be hard when I go to college!)
49. I rode on an ostrich and ate one (well, a piece of one) in the same day
50. I lied- this isn't my 50th post, it's only my 49th!

16 Comments:

At 1:39 AM , Blogger KelseyChristine said...

Wow, you've traveled a lot!

This was fun to read :)

 
At 6:13 PM , Blogger owlhaven said...

Thanks for being part of my 'comment party'!

 
At 6:13 PM , Blogger owlhaven said...

oh, and interesting list about you

 
At 8:01 PM , Blogger momteacherfriend said...

That is a great list!
Thanks for joining in on the fun at Mary's

 
At 11:26 PM , Blogger 5KidMom said...

I cam over from Owlhaven, but I read your blog all the time.

 
At 11:26 PM , Blogger 5KidMom said...

I guess I should leave comments more often so you get more than 5 once in a while. 8^)

 
At 11:27 PM , Blogger 5KidMom said...

By the way, you have a new record. According to my calculations, this is #8 today. Yippee!!!

 
At 5:12 PM , Blogger Susy Q said...

Thanks! I guess I'm making this 9 now. Hm, that's a tough record to beat!

 
At 2:21 AM , Blogger smiliesar said...

I have been reading your blog for awhile too. I saw you commented on my friends’ blogs and thought I would check yours out. You are an amazing girl and I am amazed at how well rounded you are. You can come by my blog anytime if you would like.

 
At 5:03 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

New record!

 
At 10:36 AM , Blogger PastormacsAnn said...

This is a great list! Can't wait to read you 2nd 50!

Thanks for letting us get to know you better.

 
At 10:37 AM , Blogger PastormacsAnn said...

I've visited your blog before. Don't remember how I came by.

 
At 10:39 AM , Blogger PastormacsAnn said...

But I'm pretty sure there was an Ethiopia/adoption connection.

 
At 10:39 AM , Blogger PastormacsAnn said...

I really like reading about all your family trips.

 
At 10:40 AM , Blogger PastormacsAnn said...

And I like your photos.

 
At 10:40 AM , Blogger PastormacsAnn said...

See you around sometime soon.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Make an on-line slide show at www.OneTrueMedia.com

Make video montages at www.OneTrueMedia.com