internet marketing The Big Sis Diaries: Susanna for VP

Monday, September 18, 2006

Susanna for VP

I just wanted to say that I've been elected vice president of our school's International Club this year! I'm happy for many reasons, but aside from the fact that it will look pretty good on college applications in the future, the best aspect of my "inauguration" is the involvement I will now have in this fantastic club. The whole idea of the club is to learn about other countries and cultures, so of course it draws in many interesting people. This year we have people who have lived in five of the seven continents (no one from Australia and obviously no one from Antarctica, but that would be very interesting!) That includes Africa- there is a boy from Ghana in the club. Throughout the year, we hold fundraisers to support children in other countries, have presentations done by the members on countries they are in some way connected to, and of course eat lots of great ethnic food :-)! Last year I presented on Norway, since I was my father is from there and we visit very often (I was actually born in Oslo and lived there until I was three- the boys and I maintain our connection by speaking Norwegian fluently with our father at home and with our relatives when we visit.)

Anyway, I've decided to present on Ethiopia this year, after we come home (I'm even thinking of bringing in my baby sibling that day!) I also hope to hold a drive at my school collecting various items the orphanage may need- pens, pencils, used clothes and toys, etc- which we will bring when we go. I'm so glad that I can be involved in such a phenomenal school activity which ties me closer to the wonderful cultures throughout the world, especially the country where my younger sibling has his roots.

3 Comments:

At 9:46 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK Susana...I want to adopt you as the online big sis to my kids. What an amazing young woman you are.

Congrats on the IC, madame VP. As a world language teacher, I especially applaud this!

 
At 7:37 AM , Blogger Susy Q said...

Thank you- and I would LOVE to be your kids' online big sister!

A language teacher, how interesting. Which language(s) do you teach? I'm currently learning French in school.

 
At 6:10 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey you posted on my blog, and I wanted to tell you thanks, and that we are using CHSFS.

how about you? email me brookebray@gmail.com

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Make an on-line slide show at www.OneTrueMedia.com

Make video montages at www.OneTrueMedia.com