internet marketing The Big Sis Diaries: Operation Smile is in Ethiopia!

Thursday, December 07, 2006

Operation Smile is in Ethiopia!

I don't know how many of you are familiar with Operation Smile, but it is a non-profit organization that funds the surgeries of children in poor countries with cleft lips/palates. There is a chapter at my high school that I belong to, and it pretty much consists of having a few meetings a year to discuss how we can raise money/awareness and holding bake sale-type fundraisers. However, as I learned recently, Operation Smile can elect two high school students per mission, and to my surprise and delight, I just discovered that a fellow classmate of mine is in Ethiopia right now for that very purpose! (Maybe some of you that are in Ethiopia/went there recently to pick up children crossed paths with her?) She went to Addis as well as another town. Though I don't know her all that well, girls in track the other day were talking about her. One said she talked to her on the phone and that Emily (the girl on the mission) had said, "Being here makes me really grateful for what I have." I hope that everyone someday can realize that and will want to help others in need. That's why, as I've briefly mentioned before, I'm starting an organization at my school called, "The Sweet Dreams Project" to help children at the AHOPE orphanage in Addis.

I've started a blog for my project, and though it's not much now, I hope it will keep everyone informed on what will be going on etc. It's http://www.sweetdreamsproject.blogspot.com

Everyone can make a difference!!

1 Comments:

At 7:57 PM , Blogger 5KidMom said...

Good for you Susy!! You are absolutely right, and it is exciting to see you taking the first step!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Make an on-line slide show at www.OneTrueMedia.com

Make video montages at www.OneTrueMedia.com