internet marketing The Big Sis Diaries: Daily Moments In Which I'm Kicking Myself For Not Having My Camera Ready

Friday, April 04, 2008

Daily Moments In Which I'm Kicking Myself For Not Having My Camera Ready

For all the videos/pictures of Sasha I post here, there are a million more events/silly moments/funny expressions that go un-captured, so I will attempt to relate a few especially notable occurences here, in words:

1. At the dinner table a few nights ago, Sasha managed to get a hold of the bottle of honey mustard dressing, unscrew the cap, and pour about a pound of it onto her pasta. Looking at how her plan for a delicious meal went awry, she shook her head sadly and sighed to herself, "Oh, Sasha."

2. For about an hour last week, Sasha decided she wanted to be a kitty. Although she understands everything we say, she doesn't use many words in general, so it's funny how she gets ideas in her head and then carries out her plans without saying anything out loud. On that day, Sasha spontaneously dropped to the floor and crawled around, saying, "Meow, meow." She insisted on eating her lunch from a plate on the floor, without her hands, and then chasing a little rubber ball.

3. This next moment is cute for the same reason. Sasha followed the boys outside but came in a minute later, stating matter-of-factly, "Cold." She then crossed the room, went into the closet, pulled out her jacket, and promptly went back outside. This was all done without speaking and without any help. I love this especially since it represents her utter confidence in herself and abilities; she completely recognizes and takes advantage of her place in the family, and relies on nobody to do what she wants to get done.

4. This is a prime example of Sasha's very keen observational skills: in CVS the other day, Sasha marched over to the crate of inflatable balls, picked one she liked, and proceeded to the check-out line. She stood in line just like everyone else, even standing exactly the way the other customers were standing and sighing with impatience from time to time, just as they were. After a minute or so, Sasha decided that, as princess of the world, she had the right of way. She stepped out of line, cut to the very front, and handed her purchase to the cashier. My mom came up behind her and said, "Sorry, Sasha, we're not buying that today,"and Sasha- without complaining- looked down sadly and reluctantly returned her ball to the crate. This was all done without a word out of her, which almost makes it cuter, if you can envision it.

I take these instances as signs that I should wear my camera around my neck at all times...

4 Comments:

At 12:36 AM , Blogger Amanda said...

I know what you mean...I have moments like that every day, where I wish I had my camara ready:-)

 
At 8:19 PM , Blogger Nikki said...

Hehe, aww- adorable! I especially love the first one!

Nikki

 
At 5:02 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sometimes I feel like my camera is a permanent fixture around my neck!

 
At 4:14 PM , Blogger Erin said...

Aw, she sounds so cute, and so smart!!.. and I know I've said this many, many times, but she still totally reminds me of Ayana. Their personality, and how they look is so similar..Even my dad, who walked past the computer a second ago, saw a picture of Sasha, and said, "Oh, is that Ayana? No wait... wow, they could be twins!" :)
I haven't really been reading anyone's blogs for a while (or posting on mine until 2 weeks ago), but I'm pretty much all caught up now, so I thought I'd comment and let you know I'm still alive!! :)
~Erin~

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Make an on-line slide show at www.OneTrueMedia.com

Make video montages at www.OneTrueMedia.com