internet marketing The Big Sis Diaries: Superbowl Recap & Sasha's Surgery

Monday, February 04, 2008

Superbowl Recap & Sasha's Surgery

As MA natives (well, actually, no one in my family is, but we lived there for ten years), we're pretty avid Patriots fans. Here in CT, our town is almost equally divided between the Pats and the Giants, so it made for some interesting Superbowl hype.

Needless to say, we were all tearing our hair out at the end of the game (although admittedly, I don't understand football, as many times as I ask my dad to explain it to me.) My dad and Kristian were especially depressed. Sasha, however, was completely ecstatic. I SO wish I had taken a video- seeing her react to the end of the game was absolutely the most hilarious thing I've ever seen. Responding to the cheers of people in the stands, she began to run across the room and back incessantly, only stopping to dance and spin in a circle. She started clapping and screaming "YAY!!!!" over and over- this lasted for a good fifteen or twenty minutes. The fact that there were commercials made it even funnier though. At the breaks, Sasha would stop and patiently watch the TV, only to resume her passionate enthusiasm when the football came back on. All the while, my brothers and dad were sulking, and Kristian was close to tears. We, of course, had no idea what a huge Giants fan Sasha was until now, but then again, what would make her want to support the Pats? Unlike the rest of us, Sasha has never even been to Massachusetts.

On a different note, I just wanted to mention that Sasha needs to have heart surgery this week for a heart murmur. There is nothing to be concerned about at this point, but please keep her in your thoughts as we hope for a seamless recovery.

7 Comments:

At 7:43 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

We'll definitely keep Sasha in our thoughts and prayers this week.

Sue and Paul

 
At 7:58 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope her surgery goes well.

I don't really do football. Too much standing around : )

striving2Bme@comcast.net

 
At 2:39 PM , Blogger Ellie said...

Aww, silly girl!!
I will be praying for sweet sasha's surgery to go really well and a quick recovery! Poor baby.

 
At 4:47 PM , Blogger Nikki said...

Hehe, she is so funny.

I hope the surgery goes well! Make sure to update us- I will be thinking about her :)

Nikki

 
At 10:52 PM , Blogger Erin said...

Haha that's so hilarious.. I saw your status on Facebook, and was wondering what that was about! :P

I hope the surgery goes well.. I'll be praying for her!

~Erin~

 
At 10:55 PM , Blogger CNA said...

Silly girl!!

I'll be praying for Sasha, you, and your family and that the surgery goes well!

*Caitie

 
At 7:05 PM , Blogger Lauren said...

Yeah! I totally dont understand football at all. The people that I was with had to explain everything!!

I will keep Sasha in my prayers.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Make an on-line slide show at www.OneTrueMedia.com

Make video montages at www.OneTrueMedia.com