internet marketing The Big Sis Diaries: I Got the Pajamas...

Sunday, April 01, 2007

I Got the Pajamas...







...and there were lots of them!! In total- including donations from outside sources- I got almost 200 pairs which, when you think about it in terms of how many kids in Ethiopia will be affected, is HUGE!!!! About 125 came from Kristian's school, and although a certain percentage aren't really fit to be brought and given out (stains, rips...what normally happens to kids' clothes) I have a TON to bring with us. So much, in fact, that we could easily outfit two AHOPEs- which is why we're bringing the rest to our agency, CHSFS's, orphanage. What we're not able to bring will be donated to a local homeless shelter.
I was amazed by the turnout (though why should I be? Everyone should be willing to care for Africa's orphans!) Nevertheless, I'm extremely grateful, and I was especially impressed by the number of absolutely brand-new (as in, with tags still on them) pajamas were donated. Probably about a third had never been worn. And whoever donated three pairs of clean, fresh-from-the-racks pairs of pjs sizes 14-16 kids, bless them, because I'm sure they figured most people would hand in gently used pajamas the elementary school kids had outgrown.
Now all I need is for the town paper to get back to me. My main objective in contacting them was for other people to think about donating to AHOPE or similar orphanages in the future, but hey, a little fame won't hurt me, either ;-). Of course, I need to practice taking pictures...I don't photograph very well! (As you can see, I did post some here, but it took me a few takes to get a passable one!)

4 Comments:

At 12:06 AM , Blogger KelseyChristine said...

That is so cool!!

 
At 5:43 AM , Blogger Emma said...

Awesome stuff!!

 
At 9:48 AM , Blogger CrazyD said...

Impressive. Your active invovlement in assisting others is wonderful.

Keep it up.

 
At 8:26 PM , Blogger Nikki said...

Hi Susanna. Would you mind shooting me an email at ncochrane3@hotmail.com I am a grade 12 student in Ontario and would really like to get a pajama program going at my school.. I would love to hear a bit more about the details of. Thanks :)
-Nikki
http://destastory.blogspot.com/

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Make an on-line slide show at www.OneTrueMedia.com

Make video montages at www.OneTrueMedia.com