internet marketing The Big Sis Diaries: Busy, busy, busy!

Sunday, March 25, 2007

Busy, busy, busy!

I am so thrilled to be able to tell people, with complete certainty, that I have a baby sister!!!! I want so badly to share pictures of her sweet little face, but I'll give you a written peek until our agency gives us the okay to post them: she has the most ENORMOUS brown eyes, a sweet little smile (my mom says she looks like she'll be a happy, giggly baby. Like her big sister!), and although her legs are very skinny, we know that making her gain weight *probably* won't be too big of an issue. She's bald because of a ringworm infection she had (which has since cleared up), but we think that makes her look even sweeter!

There is a debate among adopters whether the wait for referral or wait to travel is more difficult. Given that we were almost sure it was a boy, we didn't have many girl nursery themes or names picked out. Therefore, the list of what we- me included!- have to do is endless, and I'm sure we can easily fill in two or three months of getting ready! Here is a checklist sample for wgar we have to do prior to bringing home baby E:

- Buy tons of PINK clothes: half-check! (we picked out a handful of ADORABLE girly outfits, but we do have a ways to go! )
-Design/put together nursery: have hardly touched this one yet, except for picking out possible wallpaper designs
-Baby-proofing the house: eesh! We better get on this one!
- Going through old toys and buying new ones: we don't have many new ones- but I KNOW that one won't be a problem!! My brothers and I are set for the job...
-Contact local newspaper to see if they're interested in featuring a story about my Sweet Dreams Project (which is underway! More on this later) and our adoption: check!!!! THEY SAID THAT THEY DEFINETELY WERE! Much more on this later too!!!!
-And tons more!!!!

I assure you that despite my business (this in addition to schoolwork, etc.) I will be sure to post much more often! I have so much to say to report on, and I'll be so excited to go on and on about it...I'm still not totally grasping the concept...WE'RE BRINGING A BABY GIRL- MY SISTER- HOME!!!!

4 Comments:

At 2:34 PM , Blogger Mark and Sarah said...

Susanna,

Congrats! We can't wait to see pics of your baby sis, but until then, your description is pretty sweet. Good luck on getting all of your checklist completed. Sounds like fun!

What is your "business" you referred to? You are one busy girl!!

 
At 11:57 PM , Blogger PastormacsAnn said...

What wonderful news! Congratulations to you and your family.

 
At 2:51 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can feel your excitement!

We'll have to get the kids together.

I belong to a CT email list for families with Ethiopian kids...email me and I'll get you signed on.

As for the ringworm, don't count on it being cleared up. Wow, it's hard to kick. We are still battling it, one year home. But hey, it's certainly not the worst thing. We seem to have it under control now.

 
At 8:33 PM , Blogger Clickin Mama J said...

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! You are an amazing big sister and quite a writer. You should be proud!!! I will be back often to see how things go for your family.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Make an on-line slide show at www.OneTrueMedia.com

Make video montages at www.OneTrueMedia.com