internet marketing The Big Sis Diaries: We've hit the two-month mark...we're getting really close!!

Saturday, December 30, 2006

We've hit the two-month mark...we're getting really close!!

First of all, let me just say that I hope everyone had a very nice, relaxing (or wild and crazy and fun) Christmas, depending on your definition of "nice." Ours was very pleasant, despite a few setbacks involving major flight delays and my grandmother's health. Everything was fine though, and though it was a relatively short trip, it was nice seeing family and meeting up with friends we hadn't seen in a long time. It's true that it was quite cold and dark, especially in Iceland where there is about four or five hours of daylight, but the atmosphere was very cozy and holiday-oriented. I treasure being able to experience Christmas in two very different cultures, and I think it's very important that people become- and stay- connected to their heritages. I sincerely hope that LG will be involved in his adopted American and Norwegian cultures, like I am, as well as stay in touch with his Ethiopian background.

Speaking of LG, we have now reached the two-month mark for waiting for his referral. I'm beginning to get very excited...there were a BARRAGE of referrals at my agency leading up to Christmas (there were 15 referrals on the CHSFS forum in two or three days- seriously) making us next in line for a child in the age and gender categories we requested. To put when exactly I think we'll get The Call in a time bracket, I'd be surprised if we didn't receive our referral by the beginning of February. Here's to a very merry and exciting 2007!

2 Comments:

At 8:30 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome Home! Glad you had a safe, fun trip! Here's to hoping for a referral soon...maybe even this week? You never know!
Sarah

 
At 10:32 PM , Blogger Mary, Jason, & Maya said...

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your trip. I'd love to visit Iceland and Norway one day. They sound like such beautiful and interesting places.

I completely agree with you about heritage. I spent one summer visiting family in Ireland. It was amazing to connect with my ancestry and to see where my family started. Since adopting our daughter from China, I have heard interesting comments about her culture. Many people have said things to me like, "Your daughter is American now. This is her culture." I have difficulty understanding that sentiment. Nothing will ever change the fact that our daughter was born in China. Actually, our family was born in China. China will always be a part of her background. China will always be a part of our family, just as Ethiopia will be a part of your family. Anyway, sorry for the long post, but you got me thinking.

I am hoping your referral comes soon. I'll be checking back frequently. Happy New Year!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Make an on-line slide show at www.OneTrueMedia.com

Make video montages at www.OneTrueMedia.com