internet marketing The Big Sis Diaries: Our Africa Photos (click to make them bigger)

Friday, September 15, 2006

Our Africa Photos (click to make them bigger)
















Since this is a very gloomy day (even though it IS Friday) and because we're in the middle of a particularly violent downpour, I have decided to post some pictures of a much sunnier, warmer, (and okay, more interesting) place: AFRICA! Two weeks in Kenya equalled a lifetime of amazing memories (and pictures!) Just reflecting back on our adventure- we went to Nairobi, on safari, and to a beach resort near Mombasa- makes the fact that I'll be going to Ethiopia in a matter of months all the more thrilling. And this time, we'll bring back a sweet, adorable child, just like the ones we met on our last trip to Africa(left.)

*Pictures (from top): Carsten, Kristian and I taking a break on safari in Lake Nakuru; Kristian riding an ostrich on an ostrich farm just outside of Nairobi (we also ate a piece of one at a restaurant in the same day!); Kristian and I interracting with the children of the Masaai tribe; an elephant in the Masaai Mara national park; the women of the Masaai tribe singing and dancing to a typical womens' tribal dance; Kristian petting a cheetah in the Animal Orphanage in Nairobi (don't worry, Kristian was completely safe- the cheetah he was petting was raised by, and therefore completely used to, humans); the city of Nairobi; the men of the Masaai tribe in a jumping competition/dance; a lion in the Masaai Mara; a giraffe in the Masaai Mara; kids from the Masaai tribe crowding around me (they were intrigued by my blonde hair); another picture of the Masaai outside of their huts.





2 Comments:

At 9:45 AM , Blogger jayme said...

Your photos are beautiful! Thank you for sharing them. It sounds like your family had an incredible trip.

I truly believe that international travel benefits people of all ages. I hope to take our children all around the world!

 
At 5:24 PM , Blogger angie said...

Hi. I love your blog. You are a very intelligent 15 year old.
I love these pictures and I hope to be able to go to Africa someday. I want to take my kids there too!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Make an on-line slide show at www.OneTrueMedia.com

Make video montages at www.OneTrueMedia.com