internet marketing The Big Sis Diaries: First Day Of School

Monday, August 27, 2007

First Day Of School

Yes, that's right- this early! I think it's ridiculous. Every other school district I can think of starts after Labor Day. It's annoying, but I'm trying to make the best of it.

School wasn't TOO bad today. Not great, but not horrible. I really liked seeing my friends again, but not many of them were in many of my classes. I'm trying to look on the bright side: better opportunity to make new friends, right? As for my classes themselves, I liked my teachers overall, but I know I'm in for a tough year. I'm a junior now, so it's "The Big Year" for college, etc. I'm nervous, but I also kind of enjoy the responsibility of it all. I do have a lot on my plate this year, though- I have a pretty heavy courseload, with three honors and one AP class. Outside of school, I'm busy, too- I'm president of two clubs and Activities Coordinator of another, and I'm involved in one other club (that's four total), marching band, my job which starts Sept. 8th (I'm going to be a babysitter at the YMCA for kids who have parents working out at the gym), and of course, spending as much time as I can with friends and family. I think it will all be exciting though. At least I know I won't have a problem with boredom!

As for the boys, I think they did pretty well today, too. It was Kristian's first day of middle school, which was a big change, and Carsten moved up from the lower elementary school to the higher elementary school, so that was a difference for him as well. I felt sorry for Sasha having all of her siblings leave at one time, but she was excited to see us when we came home.

I'd love to go on and on about our lives now, not to mention all of the stuff from the past I haven't talked about (like our Ethiopia trip! Sheesh) but I have to go start the homework I've already been assigned (luckily it's not too bad tonight.) Since this weekend is a three-day weekend, I'll make an effort to put up a few posts both about what I haven't mentioned about the summer as well as how school is going. For now though, as you can see, I posted a new "video of the week"- another one of Sasha being a nutball. Enjoy!

Oh- one more thing I want to mention. It has been two months today that Sasha has been officially ours. It's amazing how much she's blossomed in that time!

3 Comments:

At 5:17 PM , Blogger Nikki said...

I'm glad the first day back wasn't too bad! Grade 11 was definitely my hardest year (okay, that's probably not too encouraging!) but to give you something to look forward to, grade 12 was a joke! Easiest year ever.
That video of Sasha is adorable- what a little character!
By the way, that job sounds fun! Definitely something I would like too. If you HAVE to work, might as well be hanging out with little kids and having fun (at least that's my view, I know a lot of my friends think I'm nuts for working with kids!)

 
At 9:04 PM , Blogger Lauren said...

Have fun in 11th!

 
At 11:46 PM , Blogger DeAnna said...

If you lived where we are, you would have been in school for over a week already. :) Sounds like it is going to be an extremely busy year for you!! The job sounds great, we love the women and girls that are at our Y to babysit.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Make an on-line slide show at www.OneTrueMedia.com

Make video montages at www.OneTrueMedia.com