internet marketing The Big Sis Diaries: Touched by Adoption

Friday, January 12, 2007

Touched by Adoption

First off, I'd just like to apologize for the sparse posting lately- especially on the "newsy" updates. The reason behind this is a combination of two things. First is the fact that I have been very busy lately- midterm exams are next week, and having six 90-minute exams in four days equals a lot of stress for every high-schooler (or at least, the ones who care about school!) Course registration is coming up very soon as well, which means AP entrance exams (luckily mine are done) and sweet-talking teachers into letting me take certain classes next year (okay, not really- but being extra polite to them around this time doesn't hurt either :-)) But aside from that, I haven't been posting since there's not all that much to post about- we continue to approach our referral (it's coming up very soon!) but there hasn't been any more news.

However, there is one thing you blog-readers, especially those who are either adopting or have adopted, might be interested in. I was walking to my school library yesterday when I saw a sign on the bulletin board at the entrance which read, "Attention all Adoptees!" It went on to say that an organization called Touched by Adoption is trying to recruit high school adoptees who can lend personal experience to the program. The organization will arrange programs for other adopted kids in order for them to meet people like themselves. Even though I am not adopted, I'm going to see if I can join. I'd love to help other adopted kids feel comfortable, just as I hope I can make LG feel the same way when he's older. I'll also probably get some good insight into how LG may feel when he grows up. I don't think they have a website, but I will keep everyone updated on how things are going!

2 Comments:

At 7:33 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sounds like a great organization. Good for you for finding ways to reach out!

 
At 11:22 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Cool! I just read your comment on our blog about how much we have in common! (an American and a Scandinavian adopting a baby from Africa!)

Let's keep in touch with all the updates about the whole adoption process!

Right now we are the 3rd couple on the waiting list to send our papers to South Africa. So that means that hopefully by the end of March our papers will be down in Pretoria. After that there is no telling when exactly we will get our referral - it could take anything from one week to one year - but of course we are hoping for SOOOOOOOOOOOOON!

Thanks for commenting on our blog, and we will be sure to check back at your blog often!

-Katie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Make an on-line slide show at www.OneTrueMedia.com

Make video montages at www.OneTrueMedia.com