internet marketing The Big Sis Diaries: Friday Update

Friday, September 07, 2007

Friday Update

Helping Kristian do homework
Looking slick


Taking a cat nap


Cuddling next to Kristian after a lonely day without him

Sorry for the blog hiatus. Unfortunately, given all of the other goings-on around here, blog posting has fallen several notches down on my to-do list.

Things are going pretty well around here. School is so-so, which is probably the best that can be expected of a high school junior, given all of the demands this year. I'm finding time to see friends still, luckily- I'm going to my town's anual carnival tonight with a big group of them, and a pool party tomorrow afternoon. I also start work tomorrow, which I'm pretty excited about. I'm only doing Saturdays for now, but hopefully I can add another day or two after school after my schedule is smoothed out. The pay is pretty good (I'm saving up for a car; I'm paying for half) and as far as high school jobs go, I really don't think it's so bad. After all, I love kids, and a job like this will be great preparation for when I'm a teacher.

Classes aren't TOO terrible so far, either. Honors chemistry is starting to become more brutal, and AP Government is challenging in that you really have to be on top of your work- but otherwise, I can't complain. I do have a lot of homework this weekend, though, which reminds me that I should probably get started on it instead of writing this- but I do feel that blogging really can be as important as homework sometimes.

The boys are relatively happy too. Carsten is not feeling well, keeping him out of school for two days, but I think it's winding down now. Neither of the boys talk about school too much, which is a good sign- they wouldn't say anything unless it was to voice a complaint. Sasha, on the other hand, has been missing us terribly. She's glued to us when we walk through the door, smiling and laughing and chatting nonsensically. It has been lonely for her without us, but she's getting used to the routine her and my mom have during the day. My mom has been teaching her baby signs in order to stimulate her vocal communication with us, and so far it's working. She has picked them up right away and uses them appropriately, accompanied by the word itself.

Other than that, there isn't much else new to report. I know I've said I'll post more about our trip, and I've remembered that promise. I'm planning to write here a journal entry on each day of our trip, taken from the journal I kept while I was there, along with more videos. If I get everything done in a timely manner this weekend, I'll do the first one on Sunday. In the meantime, I posted some pics, just to remind those of you who forgot in the time since I posted last just how adorable my little sister is.

2 Comments:

At 6:23 PM , Blogger Nikki said...

Sounds like you're busy! It will definitely get easier I'm sure after you settle into a nice routine.. and that sister of yours IS very cute, I definitely hadnt forgotten :)

 
At 6:39 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for that cuteness reminder. ;)

I don't want to add to your bloggery duties, but I tagged you over at my place for a meme about race.

I'm interested in your thoughts!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Make an on-line slide show at www.OneTrueMedia.com

Make video montages at www.OneTrueMedia.com