internet marketing The Big Sis Diaries: Avoiding the elephant in my bedroom

Monday, July 31, 2006

Avoiding the elephant in my bedroom

I have just learned that wait times for Ethiopian infants have been officially increased to from 3-5 months to 6-8 months. I knew it was coming, but I was hoping the 6-8 months wouldn't apply to us since we had already started waiting. But now it looks like it will be for sure six and could be stretched to eight months of waiting. The only way to handle the situation is to not think about adoption- at all. Until Christmas, anyway. So from here on out I will NOT think or write about our adoption- instead I will focus on what's happening in my everyday life and the immediate future. I just thought I should post this warning, more for myself than anybody else, to ensure that our Ethiopian baby will (for now) be banished from my brain until we approach a time in which it will be more likely that our referral would soon come.

1 Comments:

At 3:03 AM , Blogger 5KidMom said...

So glad you stopped by my blog.

It's true that the wait is long, and can be hard at times, but it is definitely worth it!!

You're right to find other things to do and think about while you wait, but don't put your new sibling too far out of your mind. Believe it or not, this is when the love, bonding and attachment begins. Kind of like when your Mom was pregnant with your brothers. You couldn't see, hold, touch, play with them, but they were there anyway, and you looked forward to their arrival. Adoption isn't so very different. Just another way to get to a miracle!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Make an on-line slide show at www.OneTrueMedia.com

Make video montages at www.OneTrueMedia.com