Best of 2007
First of all, I'm just going to confirm that yes, I'm back from Norway (we got in at 5 am yesterday.) Sooooo many dramatic things have happened, though, that I'm going to save all that for a later post. I also have many pictures and video clips from the trip, and I promise to post those as well. Since I have a lot on my mind now and because I'm still quite jetlagged, I'm going to conserve my energy so that I can explain everything more eloquently at a later date. In the meantime, I've decided to start my own Meme called "Best of 2007."
Best Events that Happened:
Adopting Sasha, duh!
Best Places I Visited:
- Birmingham, Michigan
- Virginia Beach for my school's music trip
- Norway (because we got to show off Sasha!)
- Love In the Driest Season
- The Namesake
- Angela's Ashes (okay, I'm kind of cheating here, since I started it in 2007 but haven't finished it yet...love it so far though!)
- The Painted Veil
- The Pursuit of Happyness
- The Namesake
- Pan's Labyrinth
- Juno (this one barely counts, since I saw in December 31st, but it's very good!)
- Littlest Things by Lily Allen
- If Everyone Cared by Nickelback
- Ethiopian music
200+ pairs of pajamas to AHOPE (although I really have to give credit to all the wonderful people who donated!)
Best Gift I Received:
- A digital camera (not to put this on the level of the gifts listed below)
- Smiles from the AHOPE kids
- Sasha's love and laughter
- Everything involving The Sweet Dreams Project, but being able to visit AHOPE especially
- Improving my PSAT score by 100 points (with 50 points in math, my weakest subject)
Live in the moment. As inclined as I am to worry about, dread, look forward to, and obsess about the future, true happiness comes from focusing on the present.
I now tag: Nikki , Ellie , Erin, and Holly .
Happy New Year!!