internet marketing The Big Sis Diaries: Best of 2007

Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Best of 2007

First of all, I'm just going to confirm that yes, I'm back from Norway (we got in at 5 am yesterday.) Sooooo many dramatic things have happened, though, that I'm going to save all that for a later post. I also have many pictures and video clips from the trip, and I promise to post those as well. Since I have a lot on my mind now and because I'm still quite jetlagged, I'm going to conserve my energy so that I can explain everything more eloquently at a later date. In the meantime, I've decided to start my own Meme called "Best of 2007."

Best Events that Happened:

Adopting Sasha, duh!


Best Places I Visited:
  • Dubai
  • Ethiopia
  • Birmingham, Michigan
  • Virginia Beach for my school's music trip
  • Iceland
  • Norway (because we got to show off Sasha!)
Best Books I Read:
  • Love In the Driest Season
  • The Namesake
  • Angela's Ashes (okay, I'm kind of cheating here, since I started it in 2007 but haven't finished it yet...love it so far though!)
Best Movies I Saw:
  • Waitress
  • The Painted Veil
  • The Pursuit of Happyness
  • The Namesake
  • Pan's Labyrinth
  • Juno (this one barely counts, since I saw in December 31st, but it's very good!)
Best Music I Listened To:
  • Littlest Things by Lily Allen
  • If Everyone Cared by Nickelback
  • Ethiopian music
Best Gift I Gave:

200+ pairs of pajamas to AHOPE (although I really have to give credit to all the wonderful people who donated!)

Best Gift I Received:
  • A digital camera (not to put this on the level of the gifts listed below)
  • Smiles from the AHOPE kids
  • Sasha's love and laughter
Best Accomplishments:
  • Everything involving The Sweet Dreams Project, but being able to visit AHOPE especially
  • Improving my PSAT score by 100 points (with 50 points in math, my weakest subject)
Best Lessons I Learned:

Live in the moment. As inclined as I am to worry about, dread, look forward to, and obsess about the future, true happiness comes from focusing on the present.

I now tag: Nikki , Ellie , Erin, and Holly .

Happy New Year!!

6 Comments:

At 10:45 PM , Blogger Nikki said...

Yay, that sounds fun! I am off to put this on my blog...
But first have to comment- Welcome back and happy New Year's!! Can't wait to hear about the trip. And I LOVE Pan's Labyrinth. I was really surprised that I liked it as going into it, I didn't think I would, but it was sooo good.
Nikki

 
At 10:40 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You went all those places and did all that in 2007? Wow! I'm impressed. Especially donating all those pjs!

 
At 1:27 PM , Blogger Chelsea Bergeron said...

I am very impressed too :)

 
At 2:48 PM , Blogger Mama Papaya said...

What a year!

 
At 9:11 PM , Blogger Holly said...

Wow sounds like you had a great year! Can't wait to hear all about Norway!

 
At 9:14 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your comment that true happiness comes from focusing on the present. That's kind of what I've been blogging about.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Make an on-line slide show at www.OneTrueMedia.com

Make video montages at www.OneTrueMedia.com