internet marketing The Big Sis Diaries: Thanksgiving Re-cap and Other Sasha Happenings

Sunday, November 25, 2007

Thanksgiving Re-cap and Other Sasha Happenings

Thanksgiving, as low-key as it was, was made all the more fun and festive by Sasha. We had guests visiting, and Sasha was at her absolute best- she was a paragon of charm, wit, and intelligence, and oh my goodness, she could not have been cuter. The whole family melted in her presence, to the point where the mother- my mom's best friend- practically begged my mom to take Sasha along when the two of them went shopping by themselves on Saturday like they do every year. Of course, she's a gorgeous child, but her cuteness has nothing to do with that; her personality is something I simply can't describe. She is so smart, and her sense of humor is incredibly stong. As all children should be, she was shy of them at first, and was wary of them trying to hold or hug her, but she totally warmed up to them by that evening. She was very sorry to see them leave.



Her communication skills are getting better and better. She's always been good at letting us know what she wants, but she has gotten better about using language lately. We can have normal, albeit very simple, conversations with her now:



Sasha (taking my hand and pulling me toward the refridgerator): "Num-num?"

Me (taking a cheese stick-her favorite snack-out of the fridge): "Do you want this, Sasha?"

Sasha: "Okay!"

(I hand it to her.)

Sasha: "Thank youuuuu!"



We're pretty sure that she understands everything we say, but has a little more difficulty responding in words. For example, when my mom told Carsten he had to take a shower, she asked, "Bath? Bath?" knowing that that meant that it was her bath time, too. Today, we all had a laugh when we drove by a McDonald's, because Sasha laughed, pointed to it, and cried, "Num-num!!" Don't get me wrong, we really don't go all that often, but Sasha loves the french fries so much there that she knows by now where they come from.



She also responds to simple comands; if we ask her to put her jacket on, she'll do it. The only main confusion she has now surrounds names. She calls Carsten "Car-car" and says some form of "Kristian," and also says "Su-nana." She also consistently responds to her name now, so she knows that she is Sasha. Today, though, when I was tapping her chest and saying "Sasha" and then tapping my own and saying "Susanna", she would say, "No no no no no, Su-nana," and tap her own chest. We couldn't help laughing at her defiance, and whenever we laugh, she fake laughs, knowing full well that she think that she's hilarious.



Her defiance also comes through in her choice of clothes, as I've mentioned before. Every day, she insists on wearing her Ethiopian dress (case in point: below pictures) and that Iceland hat she was shown wearing in a past post. We've had to hide them because they're all she ever wants to wear, and she still manages to find them. As hysterical as it is, we're afraid that her Ethiopian dress is going to get torn up and stained soon- as you can see, it's already starting to wear out a bit.















As I've said thousands of times, this kid is incredible...hopefully this above video can show a snapshot of her character! (I put it on simply because of her blank expression at the end of the video...it made us crack up!)

3 Comments:

At 10:54 AM , Blogger Nikki said...

Oh my gosh,what a cutie! That dress is adorable, by the way.
Nikki

 
At 4:06 PM , Blogger Nikki said...

Thanks! It is kind of complicated to make and took me a few hours of trial and error to get it right. I could email you instructions if you want, but I would be more than happy to make one for you! I need some practice as eventually I am going to open an online "shop" and make them for a small fee, but until then I need to make a bunch to make sure I get everything right! Let me know either way at ncochrane3@hotmail.com.
Nikki

 
At 7:25 PM , Blogger CNA said...

AWWWW!! I love her dress! So sweet! That video was adorable! To cute! What a little blessing she is! =D

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Make an on-line slide show at www.OneTrueMedia.com

Make video montages at www.OneTrueMedia.com